The name of the group shall be Salford Prostate Cancer Support Group and will be referred to as the group in this document.
The objectives of the group are:
1. To help and support persons with Prostate Cancer, people who have recovered from or are recovering from Prostate Cancer and those who care for them, the partners, families and friends of persons who have, have had or are recovering from Prostate Cancer and persons bereaved through Prostate Cancer.
2. To endeavour to help with the physical and mental distress of persons who have, have had or are recovering from Prostate Cancer and their partners, families and friends.
3. The group is not able to provide qualified medical advice but can provide assistance based on the experience of its members.
4. To provide information about Prostate Cancer to persons vulnerable to and with Prostate Cancer, persons bereaved through Prostate Cancer and members of the public at large.
5. Promoting equality and equality of opportunities for all.
6. The group shall have an elected Chairperson, Treasurer and Secretary who will hereby be referred to as the Executive and who will be automatic members of the committee. Further members will be elected to assist the said executives without a vote at the AGM.
3. Carrying out the purposes.
1. Control the affairs of the group on behalf of the members.
2. Raise funds, receive grants and donations to enable the group objectives to be met.
3. Apply those funds to carry out the work of the group.
4. Cooperate with and support other groups and charities with similar purpose.
5. Act lawfully and undertake actions deemed necessary to achieve the purposes of the group.
6. The committee will make decisions based on a majority vote. In the case of equal votes, the chairperson to be consistent with the objectives above shall be entitled to a casting vote.
4. Committee Meeting:
1. The Executives of the group will be automatic members of the committee.
2. Executive and committee members will stand for re-election every year.
3. At the AGM members will be elected to assist the executive.
4. Between 5 and 7 committee members must be elected to serve on the board.
5. At least 3 committee members must be present at a meeting to be able to take the decision.
6. If a committee member has a conflict of interest, they must declare it and leave the meeting while the matter is being discussed or decided.
5. Money and Property.
1. Money and property must only be used for the groups purpose.
2. Group must keep accounts and the most recent annual accounts can be seen by anybody on request.
3. Committee members cannot receive any money or property from the Group, except to refund reasonable out of pocket expenses.
All members will be required to act in a reasonable manner in any premises or location used by the group. If any member fails comply with this rule they may be suspended from the group. Any member who is suspended has the right to appeal, stating their case at an arranged meeting of the board or its selected subcommittee the member can be accompanied by a friend.
The member will receive fourteen days notice of the meeting.
The committee may remove a person’s membership if they believe it is in the best interest of the group. The member has a right to be heard by the committee before the decision is made and can be accompanied by a friend.
7. Membership will be open to.
All persons, friends and family of the Salford Prostate Cancer Support Group regardless of gender and political or religious belief.
8. Annual General Meeting.
An annual general meeting (AGM) will be held each year in the month of February all members will receive 14 days written notice of the date, time and venue where the AGM will be held.
Members will be invited to nominate other members to stand for any of the
Each member of the group will be entitled to 1 vote at the AGM.
The business of the AGM will be to:
1. Confirm the minutes of the previous AGM.
2. Receive the annual accounts for the previous year from the Treasurer.
3. Receive the annual report from the board members.
4. Elect the Executive Officers of the group and supporting committee members.
9. Constitution Amendments.
Any proposed alterations to the group constitution may only be considered at the AGM or at EGM (Extraordinary General Meeting) of the membership. An EGM can be called by 2 or more committee members or a minimum of 5 general members of the group. Fourteen days notice of the meeting must be given to all members.
10. Dissolution Clause.
Should it be decided that the group ceases to exist and after discharging all debts and liabilities of the group, all assets remaining shall not be distributed to the group members but will be transferred or donated to another community and voluntary sector group with similar aims and objectives as Salford Prostate Cancer Support Group.
Setting up the group.
This constitution was adopted on ………………………………………………by the people whose signatures appear below.
Signed Printed name and address.